Youngster looking for some work

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by shaftd, Aug 3, 2007.

1. shaftd

shaftd New Member

Hi everyone I just turned 18 and soon I will be going to college ( from home ) im looking for a way to make enough money to support myself (500-600) and am willing to work for this just not in fast food or so because im getting tired of those things. Can anyone make a suggestion, something that I can start doing in within a month that will make me that kind of money. thanks
  2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can try freelance writing
  3. griffiths

griffiths New Member

Do you want to work for someone else or do you want to be your own boss and own your own business?

Most of us on this forum actually own our own home based business and are quite profitable at what we do. If you are looking for an opportunity to work from home, go ahead and browse the different areas of this site and click on peoples signature link. That will show you what many of us are involved in. If you find something that looks like you could be successful at, Let us know. We are all here to help [​IMG]

Brandon
  4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

I personally think as a student, he/she don't have much money to spend on advertising. What he/she need is a job to be able to earn 500-600/month.

Business will take some time to earn this amount of money.
  5. JRice1223

JRice1223 New Member

Research as much as you can. We all have gone through trial and error before finding ways in which we earn a steady income online. Stay away from anything that promises you lots of money fast. It takes time and patience. It is possible to make that kind of money but you have to work at it in the beginning. I hope this helps. Good luck in school! Cheers
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

cherie27: I personally think as a student, he/she don't have much money to spend on advertising. What he/she need is a job to be able to earn 500-600/month.

Business will take some time to earn this amount of money.

I agree 100%. You could invest at some work at home opportunities, but they don't provide a guaranteed income, and you could find that you are throwing away your money, or spending time on your businesses, instead of on your studies. I think it would be much better to get a part time job, and if you are doing good in school, AND have extra time to start a business from home, then you can consider looking into work at home opportunities.
  7. seeyalater72

seeyalater72 New Member

There isn't any home business that can make you $500 to $600 in a month. And if you come across one that says it can, run as fast as you can in the other direction. It takes time and consistent effort to build a successful home business so it may not be ideal for a college student. If you do look into a home based business I would suggest you start with one that is free. You can try promoting it through free marketing sources so this way you can test drive a business without losing any money.
  8. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

I made $400 to $500 a month in my first three months of promoting Wealthy Affiliate. So it definitely can be done. I say go for it! I think that affiliate marketing is PERFECT for college students.