Your favorite web hosting company?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Choosing a web hosting company is one of the toughest decisions of a website owner. Most of the time there is a compromise between pricing and service. It's pretty tough to find both under one company. There is nothing compared to the reassured feeling of having hosted your website with the best, without having to burn a hole in your pocket.

Please list your favorite web hosting company, the plan you are hosted and what makes you stay with them.

All my sites are hosted with pair.com under the Advanced plan ($17.95/month). The reason that made me sign up (and stay) with them is...

* Ability to host multiple domains under same account @ $1/month for each extra domain name
    * Cost effective
    * Superb support
    * Transparency. They list the status (uptime) of their servers for everyone to see on their website

2. netjobs

netjobs Member

I am using cheaphostservers.com for my sites, its costs me just $15/year and more likely I love there Fantastico (free scripts with auto installation) and 99.99% uptime... [​IMG]

3. WhitePhoenix

WhitePhoenix New Member

I use Webstrike Solutions. They're based out of Australia. In the last 5 years that I have subscribed with them, I have never been down.

One of the main things I looked for with a webhost was their availability. While it may be impractical to phone them with any issues, the few questions that I have asked them via email were responded to within one day or less.

I pay roughly $35 a year and have been very satisfied.

4. ann

ann New Member

$10 per month with Global Domains International gets you a whole website package which includes free hosting/url forwarding. You can easily create your own site - no software to buy and an income opportunity to boot. We're having fun creating our site and being able to converse with people from around the world has been really neat! Ann

5. wahweb

wahweb New Member

I personally like hostland.com - its 50$ /mth for up to 5,000 websites.

Ive used it for about 6 months now with no complaints, except that its not CPanel based (its proprietary).

If you have alot of sites, its the most cost effective way to go, IMHO.

-------
    Amber
    [Signature removed - Admin]

6. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

My site is hosted at Cashhosters of lotsmorehosting. I have chosen it as it comes free as part of my Platinum membership of another program and I do not have to pay for it separately. The membership has several other benefits including free leads. Another advantage is that I can upload my files using the cpanel and need not bother about a ftp client. The support is quite good. I think it is a good package as a whole.

7. gudangemas

gudangemas New Member

I would say http://www.awardspace.com because it's free.
    It can host 2 domain, 5 subdomain, PHP, Perl/CGI-BIN, 1 MySQL Database, FTP/FrontPage Access.

It might be not suitable for someone with a sophisticated site, but for my website, it has all the features that I need.

8. AGELREP

AGELREP New Member

netjobs, do you have an email address, would like to ask you about your cheaphostserver site

thanks

Agel

PS - anyone interested in learning more about Agel? [Affiliate link removed - Admin] is a great place to start!

contact me for more

9. AGELREP

AGELREP New Member

netjobs, my email address is [email protected]

email me there and we can talk?

thanks

10. AGELREP

AGELREP New Member

netjobs, you around. Email me at [email protected] so i can talk to you about the site you referred. thanks

11. quickregister

quickregister New Member

When you start actually making money from your website you want to run away from cheap web hosting. If you are not paying them anything they will not care about you. Suppose your site makes you $100. per day. If your site is down one day you lose $100. All of a sudden the cheap web host is an expensive webhost. The most expensive web hosting is free webhosting.

I like Servint.com and Liquickweb.com for VPS servers.

Good luck

Matt

12. scottyg7

scottyg7 New Member

For years I was with Thirdsphere and they were great. Now I use and LOVE HostGator. I've got about a dozen sites with them and their support as been FAST and fantastic. I've written a review of each on my site.

13. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I use godaddy.com They are dirt cheap, they have 24 hour customer service (but its not toll free - although that is how they keep their cost so low), and I've never had any problems with them.

14. c3exchange

c3exchange New Member

I use a startlogic. there basic plan starts at $4.95 a month and they have excellent tech support and customer service

15. Hey Vishal,

I finally did it...

I signed up with BlueHost and got the domain name http://workingathomeinternet.com for $6.95 month.

I just started using WP and things are certainly different.

I think your advice was good way back when, and is still good... Get your own domain. There are a lot of advantages that I never thought about when I first started.

I'll let you know how things are going after I have been working with BlueHost for a while, but so far I like the service. One phone call, no waiting, talked to a real person, problem solved.

Joe

16. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Congratulations Joe! Your blog looks great! I wonder why you have set up your blog in a sub directory (WP) rather than the root of your site?

17. Hey Vishal,

Thanks,

The only reason, when I was talking to the guy at BlueHost during setup he asked me to create a directory for the upload, so I did.

I put a redirect from the root directory to the WP so if someone just uses that, they won't have a problem finding me.

Oh well, live and learn...

Joe

18. kristan

kristan New Member

I've had Bluehost for a good while now and I've never experienced any problems. You made a good choice!

19. ebay_addict

ebay_addict New Member

I Use Blue voda [Affiliate link removed - Admin]
    its FREE and super easy to use! you only pay for hosting.

20. tinabee

tinabee New Member

ipowerweb.com