Your favorite web hosting company?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Vishal P. Rao, Feb 6, 2006.

1. webtalk

webtalk New Member

Shopaserver all the way ) rocks in price , support and features =)

2. kanonig

kanonig New Member

Hostgator is number. They should refine that list.

3. toddmoore79

toddmoore79 New Member

I'm use asp for my websites, so I use WinHost and I like it pretty well.

4. howieperks

howieperks New Member

HostGator all the way! It's pretty much recommended in every IM program I have ever took part in.

In Success,
    Howie Perks

5. grh395

grh395 New Member

My favorite is hostgator. It was recommended to me a long time ago but at the time is was too expensive but their costs have come down massively and now they are really reasonably priced. In fact I think they are pretty cheap now. I use the baby plan which allows you to host lots of domains under one account which is perfect for me. I also discoverd a discount coupon code: IHL28JUL11 (still valid) which you can quote when you sign up and should give you a discount as long as its a hosting account (not valid for domain buying).

But the reason I use hostgator now, is not really the price - it's because the technical support is just brilliant. They have an online chat system with technicians standing by. It's very well managed - it tells you how many technicians are available, and what your position in the queue. Waiting time, in my experience, has never been more than 2 or 3 minutes - brilliant for me because I am not really technical at all and I have had to rely on it lots of times. They also provide a free transfer if you are moving from another host (which I did) - this is especially good because transferring a site can be scary and complicated. I have been with 1&1 and domainhost, but for me - I definitely put hostgator number one [​IMG]

6. JennyO

JennyO New Member

I actually use mediatemple and really like them.

7. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

I have been with several different web hosts since i setup my first website back in early 2006, and all of them were a complete let down.

Then in 2009 i signed up with hostgator, and although there have been some very minor issues with cpanel functions, i would recommend them as a reliable web host.

8. morienars

morienars New Member

wow almost everyone loves hostgator here, I wish I had the same experience with hostgator as you guys..

9. shaishavsood

shaishavsood New Member

Great output from many members here ... so here is my two cents .. I use GVO's hosting plan and the reasons are simple ...

The company was started by Joel Therien, the most trustable name in the market. Being an internet marketer, he knew what is required by internet marketer while choosing web host.. They have their own data centers, cables etc ..

Now here are the main reasons I chosen GVO over others ..

12 Year Old Company
    24/7 Support
    99% Up-time
    Different Packages for Different Needs
    Live Training (No one has included this part)
    Prospecting System

Now the product you get with GVO....

1. Webhosting
    2. WHM (Web Host Manager) (You become reseller with the company as soon as you join them)
    3. cPanel
    4. Professional Auto Responder (Bulk Mailing Software)
    5. Conference Tool (for online meetings with your friends or downline)
    6. Video Hosting (You can create and publish videos within few minutes and can use readymade templates)
    7. Blogger Builder (Create blog without much fuss)

and above all, you become affiliate with them as soon as you join ...

Now the price .. well it is unmatched for all the services above ...

If I take hosting from other web host company, it would cost me somewhere around $3-$7 and for auto responder I will have to pay around $20-$50 and for conference tool it would be around $50-$100

Well, when I thought about that .. It was huge sum every month ... So thought of finding some hosting company which has all the ingredients and is affordable ...

And my search ended with GVO ... because I was amazed to see the price they were offering for all the services above and the training was so impressive that a child can setup every thing without any problem ...

They are giving trial for just $1 and thereafter just $9.95 for all the services above ....

No doubt I am an affiliate with them but I am not trying to sell GVO here .. I hope this will help few who wants to save money. You can join anyone out there in the market for just $1 to see the quality of the service ....

Thanks,
    Shaishav Sood

PS: If you are an internet marketer and spending huge money on all the above mentioned product .. you should seriously look at this ...

10. morellhenrik

morellhenrik New Member

I have been using go-daddy since a long time, it has best customer support service and even they are easy to setup. For the beginners they are also providing tutorials

11. samda

samda Member

I use Knownhost and had no problem with them. They have been incredibly great in customer support. I drill them down with tons of questions, yet they come back politely with appropriate answers. Couldn't expect this level of service from other big shots in the market.

P.S.: I use VPS and hence I love Knownhost. If I had just one domain, I would probably go with Godaddy or Hostgator's shared hosting.

12. Mavrhiley

Mavrhiley New Member

I have a reseller account setup with Hostgator. Took a bit to get sites transferred over but the speed to load sites is great.

13. greenkat

greenkat New Member

I just switched from blinkweb to webs.com and I LOVE webs.com!

14. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

I use pagebuzz for both my website and hosting.

Here's to your success!

Brian

15. Jstein

Jstein New Member

I like GoDaddy even though, i have had some minor problems, none have pushed me to look for a new host.

16. karls1973

karls1973 Member

I have been using iPage and never had any issues. The price is right for under three dollar a month, the tools they provide are great and their support is outstanding.

17. miller111

miller111 New Member

GoDaddy and Hostgator are the best services.

18. mreese601

mreese601 Member

I use host gator! Been with them for about 10 years and I love it. Great support and for under $10 dollars a month.

19. CatherineK

CatherineK Member

Hostgator is my favourite

20. BuyYourOwnHouse

BuyYourOwnHouse New Member

Dreamhost is by far my favorite. Used it for years on my Wordpress website. If Wordpress version updates every failed (as they often times can), Dreamhost would get my site back up and running. They also have never raised my rates once!