Your First Year In Network Marketing ??“ The Sad Truth Of MLM and Social Media!

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Franklin, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Franklin

Franklin New Member

Everyone knows that social networks sites are very popular these days. Top MLMers are being using social media sites to meet other MLM minded owners to possible work together and share marketing ideas on what is working and not working for them.

I myself have met wonderful people online and I have learn so many tips and tricks from each and one of them. But I have also realize that many of them had been misguided by others about the real use of social marketing for their business.

Your First Year In Network Marketing

Social network are by no means an easy recruiting machine. The number one mistake that people do is use social media as a recruiting machine. Posting their affiliate links and banner all over the place looking like an online billboard.

If you are doing this kind of practice be aware that you account in that particular social network is on the risk to get banned or close for spamming.

Social media is just a place to meet people and build relationships. Must people when they open their social media profile is for the only purpose of meeting and talk people like friends, family coworkers and maybe to get to know new friends.

The Sad Truth Of MLM and Social Media!

Trust me no one wakes up in the morning thinking " Im going to open a new social profile today so I can get harass about MLM opportunities and banner and link and all kinds of ads." I hope you get the picture!

So next time you go to your social media place make sure you talk to people with the only intention of talking and getting to know them not to spam them.

Hope

But don't get me wrong social media is one of the best places to get leads and new distributors for your business, its just not in this way. You must learn the art of online marketing and social media marketing.

In this forum you will find lots tips and trick that you can start implementing right away to get more leads and distributors for your business without spamming people in social media sites.
    This is how the big MLMers do it and build huge downline and empires in their companies.

Make sure you ask question and contact anyone here in this community I'm sure they will be more than happy to share with you some good quality tips on how to use social media for your mlm business. And remember to create relationship and build trust is they key of social media marketing.

[​IMG]

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Franklin,

I agree that the productive approach to social media is simply to connect and to aide others.

It was designed for connecting, sharing, and helping others.

Like with most everything else, many marketers have a tendency to make selfish use of it in a mechanical kind of way. Though that approach may help a little in the short term, it will fail and even backfire in the long run.

Providing value and creating trust is how you create a sales environment. Just put yourself in your reader's shoes and you'll know it to be true.

~Newbie Shield~

3. Dgitalnomad

Dgitalnomad New Member

Make a list of 100 of your friends, neighbors, relatives, co-workers and pester them...then move on to the 3 foot rule.

Honestly, few people are really opportunity seekers looking to get involved in MLM.

This does not mean that you will be unable to connect with people and develop business relationships online based on your personality and talents.

Virtual networking works pretty much the same.

4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

To a large degree social networking is the same as building a list of people you can share things with like you do with your autoresponder.

The social networking is very often broad in terms of communications and things being shared. The more you like to chit chat on whatever then the greater the socializing you can do and the bigger you social network list will grow. However, it's value is relative to your social network friends.

Personally, I think one of the best ways to effectively grow your business online with free marketing with the least of amount of time consumption and B.S. chit chat is in forums like these.

Forums are narrow or niche driven and if you know the simple secrets to marketing in forums you can build your list with true quality leads and make sales and grow your business without having to socialize on matters of no substance.

I see a lot of bored people in social networks looking for something to do with their time and not get in trouble, lol, while in forums you find people focused on the topic or thread at hand with sincere interest...or the appearance there of. [​IMG]

5. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

Social Media is quickly evolving, and since they all made hundreds of millions, if not billions, I do think people who built these companies like MySpace, FaceBook, YouTube and Twitter are going to find it tough to monetize sites without sharing profits, and as I see it, this is the future of social media, sharing profits with members.

MySocialIncome is doing just that by merging with lowest cost wireless company, and not restricting members to promote their businesses. I have researched them all, and for the amount of time you have to put into them before getting anything out of them is too much for me.

Look at Twitter, almost every post is commercial now, and it is being discussed to convert to paid to posting, so the industry is changing as I see it. I was on FaceBook corporate webinar where they were discussing blitzing site with PPC ads like Google, and again, not sharing revenues with members. The same is true with YouTube now, it is plastered up with Google PPC ads, and again, those who have built it are not getting anything for their content, seems to be a rip off to me, but a well planned one. lol

Success to all,

6. Stephanie3

Stephanie3 New Member

Well said! [​IMG]

7. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

I'm going to have to agree with you there. I still use Facebook and get bombarded with advertisements these days. My inbox in FB gets anywhere from 150 to 250 ads mailed to it daily from marketers and the news feed shows so many ads and links and whatnot that i dont' bother reading the messages nor check the news feed anymore. I just use FB to chat and chat only.

Then there are the marketers on Facebook that think if I say hi I really mean "Gimme your referral link dude! I'd join that stuff!" Ugh. The moment I see a referral link and I don't ask for it is grounds for me blocking you. I log into FB to unwind myself, not to get bombarded with ads.

One of these days real soon I'm going to take the several hours I'm going to need in order to go through my FB inbox and just report every single message as spam to get rid of the flood and wait for the next batch to kill my inbox and my mood.

8. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Franklin: Trust me no one wakes up in the morning thinking " Im going to open a new social profile today so I can get harass about MLM opportunities and banner and link and all kinds of ads."
    Very true. Always irritating when someone wants to get to know you only for the purpose of making money off you...

9. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

I would agree. It seems that we have moved the talk to all your friends and family approach to facebook all your friends and family about your business. This will hinder relationships and not to mention your business.

Joel

10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

People get into social networks and think that other leaders will join them in their business. I have seen many people do it and not have a huge success with it.

Is should be for sharing ideas with other like minded leaders but it should not be a recrutting ground for MLMers.

I personally tried doing that but it has not paid off. I think that it is a waste of ones time.

Tal