Your Thoughts on bing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by carterstory, May 27, 2010.

1. carterstory New Member

I want to find others' experience in Microsoft's feeble 2nd attempt at a search engine... Yes I advertise on bing and will continue to do so but the numbers are FAR lower than Yahoo!

They indexed my site about 2+ months AFTER Yahoo, and Google (2 months is pretty unacceptable time frame In my humble opinion)

They have indexed 1 (yes that's right 1) page on the site, AND it's not even the main page.. it's a single blog article, and it's not like it's the first one, or the first one on a page...

What's your experience with having your site listed.
  2. francisco81 New Member

I have a MSN bot checker on my webpage but am not sure how exactly to check my stats and pages indexed. Any help will be much appriciated
  3. carterstory New Member

Francisco,
    I just went into MSN and typed in my website to see what the results are.. and the results were awful.
  4. pcwork New Member

Yes, Bing indexes websites slowly.
  5. DatingSolutions New Member

I have had my sites for over 4 years and all the traffic stats I get from Google Anaylics is for example:

1 year:

Google 158,568 Visitors
    Yahoo 16,512 Visitors
    Bing 2,895 Visitors

That should tell you something. I don't advertise on Bing at all or Yahoo. It's pointless because you will get more traffic on Google.

The key to adwords is having a keyword in your ad. Try to put your keyword in all lines of the ad. That is more relevant on google.
  6. talfighel Silver Member

All I can say is that BING is a very good and has high quality traffic but Google and Yahoo have more people coming there.

I remember when BING launched, it was very cheap and the competition was very low. Nowadays it has more competition and you have to spend more in your bids to be seeing.

Tal
  7. adamtaylor New Member

My thoughts on Bing: I like it. And I'd consider using it as my search engine. But like many people I'm used to Google and I know how to find the things I'm looking for. Bing returns very different results for a lot of queries, which is great. But it also means spending time learning how to use Bing to get what you need out of it.
  8. PayDayPro New Member

Bing is pretty cool, but it's so simple that it's quite complicated for us that are used to Google, YAHOO, and ASKJEEVES! I had to write a paper on them for grad school. i'm just surprised that BING is ringing such a loud buzz on the net.
  9. fixaprob New Member

adamtaylor: My thoughts on Bing: I like it. And I'd consider using it as my search engine. But like many people I'm used to Google and I know how to find the things I'm looking for. Bing returns very different results for a lot of queries, which is great. But it also means spending time learning how to use Bing to get what you need out of it.
    He is right..I am agree with it.
  10. homebusinessbug New Member

Bing is good though. It's my homepage on my laptop. Very fresh to start the day right.
  11. mmaatt New Member

How do I index my site to bing. Also wondering if there is a way to index my site to all the search engines at once. I have a work at home website and it isn't index anywhere.
  12. Steven Smith New Member

There is a lot of talk that Bing will have more of an impact in 2011.

While I think that may be true, Google is still king when it comes to search engines and I don't see that going away anytime soon.

At least not until facebook adopts an internet search capability - which they are supposedly currently planning.
  13. syxx New Member

Don't link bing, hate microsoft... but they are partnering with facebook which is the most visited site of 2010 so I guess you have to optimize for them too. Though I don't come up good on bing with my site, and in turn dont get much traffic. Honestly I think only people who really use bing are people who buy a new computer and aren't familiar with it and click 'search' on accident through windows lol!
  14. kane1976 New Member

Personally i have no thoughts on bing, google is the top dog and that's where you need to concentrate on really when getting traffic to your website.

Obviously it's good to have as many traffic sources as possible, but for me, google is my main focus.