your - you're - their - there - wrong usage makes for hard reading.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by asebf, Nov 19, 2007.

1. TJamMoneyMan

TJamMoneyMan Active Member

Quoting: asebfObviously the producer MUST watch all communication as he interacts directly with people. The medicine man never communicates directly outside of one on one patient visits.

Well, not to quibble but, if Mr Medicine Man comes up with a new drug, or surgery technique, or a cure for some terrible disease, he could make millions no?
    BUT, he'll need to be able to write a good article about it, make a speech, or convince an investor first. How? With good communication skills!

Everybody needs them, even a hot dog vendor.

Even a Pimp, has to con his hoe, with sweet seductive language!
  2. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

TJ,

An important sidebar to this is the fact that greens make up about 35% of the population. If our adcopy hypes things up even slightly, we've just alienated a fairly large percentage of people.

Added to this is the fact that another 35% of the population is yellowwho hate to be sold. Don't talk to them about how much money they can make with your opportunity. They don't give a darn. They want to know how they can HELP others with their opportunity. So talk about that.

If your ad is flashy hype with lots of big dollar signs and fancy cars and full of BIG MONEY references, then you've just lost about 70% of the people! Conclusion: we'd better learn how to become green when we speak with greens; and how to become yellow when we speak with a yellow.

But as I mentioned earlier, there's a logical trick to identifying peoples' personality types. Wouldn't you love to know? Allow me some FUN here, please. Remember: blues just wanna have fun!

Granted, blues make up only 15% of the population but, even so, why blow us off? We're great with people and we can build HUGE networks for greens and yellows to follow up with and feed!

[​IMG]

Rob
  3. TJamMoneyMan

Quoting: TheGuildBut as I mentioned earlier, there's a logical trick to identifying peoples' personality types. Wouldn't you love to know?

Ok, what's the trick?
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Although my own grammar can get sloppy on the occasions when I am in a rush, I do respond better to properly written copy.

I just sat and read this whole thread and don't have anything else to add except for [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

6. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: TJamMoneyManWell, not to quibble but, if Mr Medicine Man comes up with a new drug, or surgery technique, or a cure for some terrible disease, he could make millions no?
    BUT, he'll need to be able to write a good article about it, make a speech, or convince an investor first. How? With good communication skills!
    You are right. Teachers everyday in class. Preachers on Sundays. All of us who interact with others need to be able to communicate in a clear way. My medicine man I may have been a bit hard on - he really is not bad - but all of us can improve these skills.

If I could sell my wife more often on the things I want to do - I'd be a happy camper.
  7. TJamMoneyMan

Quoting: asebfbut all of us can improve these skills.

Especially some of the users in this forum.

I mean goodness, doesn't anyone proofread at least ONE time?

Not this topic so much but throughout the entire forum.

These folks don't seem to realize how much they devalue the systems they are promoting with their ABUSE of the English language.

I don't claim to be the best, but come ON forum members, at least PROOFREAD!!!
  8. TJamMoneyMan

9. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

TJ,

Okay. You may want to add [email protected] to your safe list. I'll find what I want to send you and you'll likely get it in your inbox tonight or tomorrow. I'm from Canada, so I'll still be working. You, on the other hand, assuming you live in the States, will hopefully be enjoying yourself and having a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Rob
  10. TJamMoneyMan

Quoting: TheGuild
    Okay. You may want to add [email protected] to your safe list.

You're going to have to explain this one.
    What is a safelist?
    I've heard the term, but I don't know what that is about yet.

And, why would I want to do this?
  11. TJamMoneyMan

Quoting: asebfI see these mistakes used by people who are saying they are very successful etc.

Perhaps they could use some of that success to buy some English writing courses!
  12. RayvinAndRob

RayvinAndRob New Member

TJ,

In order to receive some emails in your inbox that might otherwise go to your junk box instead, you may need to add their domain address to your "safe-list", "white-list", or address book to ensure the emails do not "bounce off" of any filters in place by your Internet Service Provider.

Here are the instructions (V.7.0 & 8.0; 2004) on how to add [email protected] to AOL's safe-list:

1. Go to Keyword Mail Controls.
    2. Click Customize Mail Controls For This Screen Name.
    For AOL version 7.0: In the section for "exclusion and inclusion parameters", include this domain:
    @guildofabundance.com
    For AOL version 8.0: Select Allow email from all AOL members, email addresses and domains.
    Click Next until the Save button shows up at the bottom. Click Save.

Hope that works.

Rob Nyte

P.S. As long as you have high speed internet access, you'll be able to view a short YouTube video my wife and I made, along with the other stuff I'm sending you.
  13. TJamMoneyMan

ok TG,

But with AOL there's even a simpler way, if I know you will or already have sent me an em.

I just check my spam folder and click on the em address that got sent to spam, and click on the "this is not spam" button.

I have to check my spam folder periodically because sometimes em address' I regularly communicate with spontaneously wind up in the spam folder.

Thanx for pulling my coat to the 'safelist' term.
    I've been seeing that a lot lately.
  14. asebf

asebf New Member

your - you're - their - there - wrong usage makes for hard reading.
    Here is a new one - advise and advice.