You're taking the WRONG advice....

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Mar 20, 2012.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi everyone.

I had to get this off my chest.....

This post in for people here in the forum who are in MLM online or even offline.

I know a few people in my circle of friends and family who are in MLM and who make the same mistake which frustrates me.

Instead of taking advice from their upline mentor who is doing well in this business, they go out and start chatting to people who are not in this business and start taking their advice on why you can not make money in this business.

I heard people tell me in the past when I got started online that you can not make money in this thing. You can only make $20 per month and that the people at the TOP make the most money.

Guys/ladies, first of all the people at the top making a lot of money started where you are now. They probably had a lot of struggles just like you are having now.

If someone tells you that you should stick to your job and forget about day dreaming where you life can be if you were full time in network marketing, these are not the people that you want to take advice from.

You can not succeed in this business by taking advice from people who have either failed or are just not educated about this business and call it a scam.

You should always take advice from someone in your upline team who is or are doing well. I know that this is common sense stuff but I am just sick and tried of seeing people take advice from their friends and relatives about this business and these are the same people who are BROKE, have jobs, and have no passion to make their dreams come true.

I may or may not make any sense with this post of mine but I hope you get the message.
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

"Never let someone talk you out of your dreams who gave up on theirs." Greg S. Reid
  3. Finding an online mentor is probably one of the best thing that you can do for your business!
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Just2EZ: "Never let someone talk you out of your dreams who gave up on theirs." Greg S. Reid
    Don't let anyone tell you that you can not make it in this business and that you can not have your dreams.
  5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Amen and agree! Many people are suffering from scarcity mentality or have beliefs that limit what they can or can not do. I can' t tell you how many times I heard "get a real job".
  6. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

7. mreese601

mreese601 Member

What a great post! Misery do love company their (Hermas) You have to focus on your dreams! Most people that tell you that you can't do something they are only talking about what they can't do! Understand this only 5% of the people are wealthy! Wonder why? They do the opposite of what the majority do.
  8. robledo1

robledo1 New Member

Great post!

There are a lot of people out there that don't start with the proper mindset.

You definitely don't want to take advice from people that don't understand what you are doing.
  9. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor New Member

This is true for anything. If you want to know how to be successful at something, set ego aside and learn from those who are already doing it. It is amazing how people will go to every wrong source for information. And of course, those who aren't successful will usually be quite negative about anything.
  10. anderson78

anderson78 New Member

This is amazing advice!! You are right! more people would be successful if they actually communicated with their upline/mentors!
  11. Gypsy

Gypsy New Member

I'm not into MLM but this sounds like good advice for almost all business models. There's always going to be nay sayers.... just don't listen to them.

Just2EZ: "Never let someone talk you out of your dreams who gave up on theirs." Greg S. Reid
    Great quote! Words to live by [​IMG]
  12. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Winners find a way to win, not whine. If one is not successful it is likely because they have not learned to be. Get busy connecting with the right people and get educated on what you need to do to succeed.

[​IMG]
  13. nalced

nalced New Member

Very good advice. Doubts can be very difficult to overcome and let's be honest, there are plenty of doubters out there that listen to advice from people who will most likely stay broke, or working their ass off for an average lifestyle.