YouTube video on #1 spot for "Work at Home" in Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Vishal P. Rao, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Funny, but a YouTube video is on the #1 spot for keyword "work at home" in Google. Not sure if it's the same result across all data centers, but I have been seeing this for quite some time. It appears in the #1 spot on the second page too :) The video is nothing but an ad for a work at home opportunity.

22-11-2012 09-18-42.png 22-11-2012 09-20-15.png
  2. Just2EZ Gold Member

Google owns YouTube so they are directing traffic to themselves.
    This forum not being ranked for "Work at home" is another story altogether.
    I think alot has to do with the new format not getting re-indexed.
    The old threads need to be pinged or new comments added.
    Don't give up on getting back to page 1, it will happen.
    At least it still ranks on page 1 for specific topics.
    Be the phoenix, not the ashes.
  3. A8ch Gold Member

The first page results of my Google search for "work at home" (just seconds ago) returns that YouTube video in the #2 spot, and your work-at-home-forum listed in the #8 position. Just 7 more steps to climb! :)

I noticed that the YouTube video had just over 1,000 likes. You could consider uploading a short video promoting the forum. Then drive traffic to it by writing a post asking members to check it out and provide feedback. In no time you could have several hundred likes attached to the video, improving its Google rank and increasing the overall authority of the forum... and its first page position.

Hermas
  4. Just2EZ Gold Member

Interesting, so I tried it and the video was #8 and this forum was not on page 1.
    Then I added the word "forums" and this forum was #1 out of 550,000,000 results.
    Google must be using regional and demographic algorithms, plus cookies.
    Lately I've noticed a lot of new members from Australia on this forum.
    Results must vary a lot by location.
  5. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Thanks for the inspiration Jimmy :)

Thanks for the tip Hermas (y) I think it would work well. Do you have any recommendations for professional video producers?
  6. YAGOOFT Member

Agreed,

When Google made last changes, I got hit again and lost mumber one stop I had in organic results for over a year, and this was after Panda and Penguin which knocking me out temporarily until I had time to use SEO solutions identified by all the professional SEO experts out there. Sadly, this last Google attack was aimed at a wider group of web sites like press release sites, HUB pages, blogs, classified like Craigslist and BackPage, any of the cookie cutter template affiliate sites the guru's were all pumping, it was a total wipe out for thousands who have maintained top organic search index results for months, now all the SEO effort to stay on top was wiped out once again. This was the final nail in the coffin for most, and even after weeks of SEO strategies to overcome this last attack, it has proven useless to date.

As I see it, SEO is now less important than it was from start, the tactics and strategies which all worked to overcome the previous Google attacks are no longer working. And if you look at the total picture, and why we see somewhate worthless web sites like the YouTube one brought to our attention under organic search for work at home, this clearly demonstrates what Google wants to see happen, and that is favoring their own Youtube owned user sites out indexing all the others. I have seen this trend for many months and also did ad a video to evaluate results, and no doubt, I see YouTube as the only way to stay on top with these last changes Google made. And to date, as long as your content is unique, and your URL title has the right search words, you can again get on top, at least temporarily. Google + is also being favored as I see it.

Bottom line, with the internet and Google a moving target, you could be wasting a ton of time on SEO and seeing no results in the future. Google keeps changes they make very secret, more so than ever, and even the old time experts in SEO are scratching their heads. Long and short of it now is to definately make a short video on youtube with keywords in title is the way to go if you ever hope to be on top of organic Google search in the future. Video rules as I see it, and the blogs which had worked so well in the recent pass is now a thing of the past. Just my take on what I have seen over the years, a constant change that only a few know how to stay ahead of in the pass, and now, WHO KNOWS? Even forums are getting hit big time and many posts which I had sitting on top of search engines for years are now long gone. Another great strategy for generating traffic just went POOF!

It is not getting any easier to make an income online, that is for sure. We all know the cycles in the industry, what worked yesterday does not mean it will work tomorrow is what I have learned, so time to move onto the next trend in online marketing, and as we have seen social media has been hot, but not as hot as it once was. It is all about expanding internationally now more than ever. We know Google uses local oriented results, so the trick is to have international search terms used more than ever, not the old trick of using your local town or city, or even state, that too does not work as well I have learned over the years. Getting on Google map worked great for local oriented businesses, but those of us who market worldwide is where the money is in the future as I see it. Time will tell.

Good luck to all,
    Vishal P. Rao likes this.