Zazzle free stores and affiliate program

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Just2EZ, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Anyone using Zazzle either as an affiliate or selling your own designs?
    I am considering (an illness) signing up since they have items CafePress doesn't.
    Like postage stamps my Red Rock photos might work well on for local customers.

Anyway, here is the overview from the Zazzle website:

" Zazzle pays a 15% referral payment plus up to an additional 17% volume bonus for each sale that you refer to Zazzle from your blog, e-mail, or even via offline marketing.
    You can earn referrals by promoting your own products or others. No products are off limits, so you can pick and promote your favorite designs by professional artists, famous musicians, and even major brands. The more you sell, the more you earn with referral volume bonuses-so be sure to spread your links everywhere.
    Calculated monthly, Volume Bonuses start at just $100 in sales and can increase your earnings to over 30%. So, if you design and refer your own product, you could earn 40% or even more in combined royalties, referrals, and volume bonuses."

You can set your "royalty" mark-up anywhere from 10 - 90%, except 10% is the "standard" on bulk sales.
    Some people claim to make a full time living selling on Zazzle, most probably make a few sales a month.
    You can probably make more as an affiliate promoting other peoples stuff than designing your own.
    Anyone making money using Zazzle?

Generic link: http://www.zazzle.com/sell
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Don't Consider It, Get It Done!
    I signed up for a free store, time to get it done.
    Took all of 5 minutes to set it up, now to add designs.

Yes, it let's you link back to your personal website just like CafePress.
    Even has Google analytics in the free stores to track your traffic.
  3. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Well, I uploaded a picture, put it on products using the bulk creator and....
    waited, waited, still waiting to see anything appear in my store.
    With CafePress it's almost instant, Zazzle takes "up to 24 hours".
    Because of that, and my impatience, I created 2 of everything apparently!
    Not a user friendly system for those who want to see instant results.
    With CafePress I had a sale within 1 hour of creating a product.
    Time will tell if Zazzle was worth my time, all one hour of it lol.
  4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

The products finally showed up in the past hour, so it took just under 24 hours.
    Postage stamps say when you create it that it has to be approved, the others didn't.
    Part of the delay may be multiple domain extensions they have for different countries.
    Even though my U.S. store is a .com the company is .ca and other countries have their own.
    Indexing the products on all those different servers has to be a major nightmare for them.
    It is also good for non U.S. affiliates who want to do business in their own languages.
    Promoting other people's products is a lot less frustrating than creating your own.
    Did I mention it's FREE? That is what a lot of people want these days, FREE MONEY!
    (you know I wrote that for the SEO of it don't you? Ever search for "free money"?);)
  5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Although I have yet to make a sale on Zazzle I do like their widgets better than CafePress'.
    My postage stamps look awesome but who wants to pay $1 for a 45 cent stamp?
    Must be some people or they wouldn't have so many designs for sale.
  6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Maybe people would be interested in the overspend if the designs were for a special occasion - wedding invitations, corporate events, a special birthday, etc. I'm tight with money, so I probably wouldn't ;) but some people probably would for the novelty of it. Hope you make some sales!

Blessings,
    Angie
    Just2EZ likes this.