How do I get people with passion for my downline?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Katie Wilson, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Katie Wilson

Katie Wilson New Member

I started a new network to the UK and have a fair few people I'm helping. However I struggle sometimes that people in the country don't have the same passion as me to want to change their lives for the better. It's like they don't believe it can happen. So my question is really......how do I find people with passion? I don't want to buy leads I want to work with people.

Just2EZ likes this.
  2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Don't try to find them, let the right people find you.
    Show your passion and it will attract the like minded.
    Blog, Facebook, forums, etc., learn to use SEO.
    Share information people want to re-share.

ScottCofer, Peter7174 and A8ch like this.
  3. Katie Wilson

Katie Wilson New Member

Hi thanks! I agree the right people will come to me....I want to work with people, person to person and not through Fb, blogs, or Adwords I used to do that in a past life! It's a fine line eh? Thanks for the reply I will keep my mind open to the right people.

4. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

Exactly! You can't really search for passionate people, you have to create something that will attract them to join you.

Russell Toews likes this.
  5. Katie Wilson

Katie Wilson New Member

Thanks guys! Appreciated.....so if you know any passionate people that want to change their futures....let me know!

6. 4melife

4melife New Member

In school you can see groups form of different kids with similar mindsets. Go to any school and the same kids will always find each other. The same goes with the rest of your life. Understand and write down the characteristics of the perfect client, and then market/create value for that person.

7. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Before you can find people with passion, you have to be promoting a product which exhumes passion. In my experience, if you don't have a product which instills passion, you will not attract people with passion. Making money alone is not enough to be passion driven, it is all about the product or service, and of course, you. And with a nice warm smile, you have nothing to worry about, people will come to you, just stick with it. Welcome to the forum.

Success to all,

8. CoffeyMan

CoffeyMan New Member

I'm new to the forum but I believe I can contribute something of value here. It's not about the product, it's about you. The folks that you are looking for are the people looking for change. These people are attracted to passionate people (Leaders) because of the appearance of the positive change they are looking for. If they see you as passionate about what your doing they will fall right in line with you, your passion and your product. It's up to you to lead the way, the passion will find them... through you.

payment proof likes this.
  9. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Although YOU are a factor, think about it, everyone is different, and YOUR passion may not be MY passion. I know people who have a passion for making money, then again, I have people who have a passion for health. and this is why I have always said, Wealth Without Health Is Worthless. So with that, the one thing that matters most with all who have passion is the products they promote. Sure, some will have the most passion about money, but without a product you have passion for, you won't succeed no matter how passionate you may be about your business.

Sorry, but it is always about the product first, YOU second as to being passionate about your product. Without a product, how can you be passionate about selling ice to Eskimos, yet you could be passionate about selling this same ice to those living in the Amazon. It is always the product which one must be passionate about as I have learned over the years. Think about it, where does passion come from? What motivates your passion? Something has to spark that passion, just as it is with human passion, you need another person, so passion needs another person or product to even exist as I see it. Who do you know who is passionate about themselves?

Yes, people are attracted to others who are passionate about their products, as is the basis for this discussion, but where did their passion originate from? Ah, yes, their chosen product, whatever that may be, so passion begins with the product as I see it. How could anyone be passionate about a product that did not live up to its hype of good health as example when no one felt any better having taken products. No product, no passion is possible as I see it. But hey, everyone is different, so whatever works for YOU is what counts most.

Success to all,

payment proof likes this.
  10. CoffeyMan

CoffeyMan New Member

My first forum and I've hit a nerve, my apologies if I ruffled your feathers a bit. Yagooft. It's obvious that you're passionate about what you do and I bet you have a huge following. You believe it's about the product, you're passion shows in your beliefs and your people will follow you because of it. People want that type of energy and you certainly have it. Keep up the great work!

11. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Agree with YAGOOFT. I have a friend who is as passionate as you can get about her MLM product. She has grown quite a downline and is at 7 figures in less than a year doing this. As much as I love her passion and as much as I would love to bring in 7 figures in one year, I can't do it with weight loss shakes. No way, no how, they make me gag. Product does matter.

Like also attracts like. It takes patience and there really is no silver bullet. For every 100 people that buy my product, only about 3 to 5 of those will really take off and run with it. It's like that in any workplace really. You just keep on keeping on, building even if it's slow and one day, boom, you reach this wonderful tipping point.

12. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Katie, you stated that your passion is to change your life for the better, so it's only natural that you would want to attract people who share that same ambition. While that's a good thing, it's also short-sighted.

I believe everyone secretly wants to see improvement in their lives. I also believe that everyone has the capacity to be passionate about something. But not everyone is going to be passionate about the same things, and not everyone will exhibit the same degree of passion and commitment.

Since passion is driven by different things for different people, you could take a critical look at your network to see what other benefits or opportunities it offers that would appeal to the range of passions people have.

Example:

- passion for making money
    - passion for the product benefits
    - passion for healthy living
    - passion for helping others solve a problem
    - passion for helping others feel better about themselves
    - passion for [fill in the blank]​

You get the idea.

The successful pursuit of each of the passions listed above, has the potential to lead ultimately to "a better life" for the pursuer. So in your search for the right prospect, be open to that strategic marketing approach as well.

Hermas

13. cedric2016

cedric2016 New Member

I am very lucky, one my closest friends from childhood is a 7 figure earner. He flew across country to teach me his secret. I didn't understand it then but I finally get it. He said it boils down to your ability to create belief. Not in you but your system you have in place. That is what will get them charged up and want to run with you. If someone believes they have something that will work their mind will act on it because it's the belief that drives it. You simply steer your system as the group presses the gas pedal. One question he asked me, With all you have to offer would you join yourself as a partner? This made me confront where I needed improvement. I became one step closer and my sucess system improved. This will eventually attract the right people to you because they will be similar to you. This is how he built his company.
    You will get there if you improve everyday, I promise.

ScottCofer, A8ch and payment proof like this.
  14. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

I'm sorry YAGOOFT, but I'm going to have to disagree with everything in this paragraph;

a) "...is always about the product first, YOU second as to being passionate about your product..."

If this were truly the case then the really awful programs would never even leave the launchpad. It's people being passionate or at least feigning passion that sells first and foremost.

b) "...how can you be passionate about selling ice to Eskimos..." LOL! I've personally lived in the Arctic and I know many Eskimos (they prefer being called 'Inuit'). I hate to burst all the bubbles but every Inuit person I know has a refrigerator in their house and many also keep a well-stocked deep freezer.

c) "Who do you know who is passionate about themselves?" Me for one, and everyone that wants to sell anything should begin with being passionate about themselves.

15. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Interesting,

So you think you should fake it until you make it. for as I see it, feigning passion is not being honest with others, or yourself. To each their own, whatever works. The old saying, "if you can sell ice to Eskimos", or Iniut's, whatever, then you are truly one of the top sales people in the world. lol

And if you are passionate about yourself, WOW, what can I say, never would have thought of that, I would consider this conceded if I was passionate about myself. I am not for sale, so I cannot relate to being passionate about myself, so I will have to work on that. So yes, if it works for you, go for it.

I still say you cannot sell yourself without a great product to see success in any business, people just don't buy people no matter how great you are, without a great product or service to offer, you have nothing. It is like looking in the mirror raving about yourself and how super you are, so perhaps if you are a motivational speaker, selling yourself might be the ticket, but isn't this then a service. No product or service, no sales, no income, no success, it is that simple in my mind.

Success to all,

Nita McKenna likes this.
  16. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

It's not about polar extremes but rather it's a sliding scale glass half full/empty thing. I concur that the product is also important but the more passionate salesman can still sell the inferior product. Conversely, the less exuberant salesperson needs a product with all the bells/whistles that nearly sells itself.

YAGOOFT likes this.
  17. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Agreed, but in the end, and this is all I focus on, the future repeat business, and as you say, a passionate salesman can sell an inferior product, while a less exuberant salesperson who chooses the best product, best price, all the bells and whistles which nearly sells itself will have repeat business for years to come, while the passionate salesperson who sold an inferior product for a higher price, whatever, he will never see repeat or referrals, the lifeblood of any successful marketer. That is why the product or service is most important in the long term success equation, not the hit and run strategy bases purely on passion. Live and learn, and I respect all who have passion, but you have to have the best product or service for long term success, not just passion, and ironically, passion grows when you see repeat and referral business, but it will never grow if you are hit and run salesperson.

Success to all,

18. John_Moore

John_Moore Member

That's the problem when you work in markets like "mlm." Why put your time and energy on trying to motivate someone else? There are many ways where you can "succeed" without building a downline and still work with people. I work as an full time affiliate marketer and what i love most about that is the fact that I'm responsible, only, meaning if your not successful, you can't blame anybody but yourself :)

Russell Toews likes this.
  19. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

Why do it" Why put in the time and energy trying to motivate someone else ? But it's not someone else it is someone(s) else with a stress on the plural as in MULTI LM. Not only is MLM multi on levels but it is also multi on the top level too. Massive numbers of people can move mountains.

But John, that makes you a rarity because most people are not able to succeed by themselves. And even if you are adept and if you were the strongest man in the world, you still wouldn't be able to lift anywhere near as heavy or awkward a weight as twenty people working together can easily handle.

I think maybe you've just been involved in the wrong MLMs because the motivation is a two way street and it isn't something that just rolls downhill.

20. Stella Wilson

Stella Wilson New Member

Whatever the field is or your are doing. What we need to do is present our ideas, business, services, work etc in right manner so that it could attract right audience.