I am looking for peer reviews of the AGEL Business Opportunity.

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by Alan, Jan 31, 2006.

1. promagi

promagi New Member

You bet bro!

You said......

"If you must know the number 1 Usana leaders in Australia are actually now part of Agel, isn't that surprising? "

I say......

Not surprising to me since they are on my team [​IMG]

Bob Gallo
  2. riskybisness

riskybisness New Member

Please be careful about getting involved with any company that forces you to take auto shipments of their product, this is how they make the BIG bucks and you are left with a house full of over priced useless product. I just cut my losses with Agel, it's a vicious circle you work your butt off to get a bottom line then a few months down the track they start to drop out. I say good luck to the people who are doing well with Agel but it's just not for everyone and I feel that you do need to be dishonest to succeed in this industry.
  3. promagi

promagi New Member

"Please be careful about getting involved with any company that forces you to take auto shipments of their product,"

The autoship is one of the primary reasons the company is successful and making money!

I have already been through companies that have no requirements to stay active. And do you know what happens to your check when your downline doesn't have to support the company or it's products?....NOTHING! You have a bunch of meaningless stick figures in your tree and you call it a downline because everyone expects "the other person" to generate the volume... guess what?... It doesn't ever happen.

And you are completely wrong about being dishonest. Maybe your teams practices were but this company most certainly is not. I am up front about everything and my team trusts me.

The company requirement is one box a month... wow, a whopping 60 bucks to maintain a global business. You've got to be kidding me? Did you expect your upline to build the business while you refreshed your back office browser waiting for people to pop into your downline?

I have been in Agel since January, have several hundred people in my downline on two continents, and do you know what my attrition rate is?....two people.... yup, that's it. If your downline dropped out... I have news for you... it's not the company.

Go open a retail store and spend 2 grand a month on a lease, or a meager 1000 per month on a mall kiosk then come back and complain about 60 bucks a month.... unreal...

But good luck going back to a job that pays 10 bucks an hour. I'm sure it will be very stimulating.
  4. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

The flaw within the MLM industry is with training.

MLM is sold as a solution to financial problems and an industry where people with little or no business experience or history of success can make a boatlad of cash.

The reality is that the people who prosper in any network marketing business invest heavily in professional-level training, almost always going outside the company.

Randy Gage is an Alpha male, as are all the top "leaders" in MLM. This is the secret. People want to follow Alpha leaders because it makes them feel safe.

At the same time these same followers often give up their own real power. MLM is sold as a "follow-the-leader" game because this allows the few who crack the code to "alpha" leadership to always be on top and have armies who follow them everywhere they go.

The product may be practically irrelevant.

WHO really invests in becoming a REAL leader? Think on this...

Because leadership is an illusive quality and it comes from independent thinking. MLM leaders get up and teach leadership, yet few really get it. Its that illusive, ethereal...you can't touch it.

Agel and Eniva have these teams of "Alpha" males right now. These guys have been lured away from "lesser" nutritionals with huge signing bonuses like athletes get... In exchange for recruiting people in the tens of thousands.

The product is practically irrelevant.

Most people make very little money in MLM.

Most people don't think for themeselves.

All this talk of "the secret" etc... is very helphful, yet the masses will continue to live lives of quiet desperation... because they have abdicated their real potential.

Anyhow. Seek knoweldge.

Treat NWM like a real business.

Apply sound biz principles.

Be a maverick.

be a teacher.

Be a Purple Cow.

Leaders are Readers.... GET IT?
  5. Eliot

Eliot New Member

Love the thread.
    For what it's worth, Agel has proven to be a very rewarding business investment for myself. I will be honest, in the first month I was expecting bigger things and was a bit depressed when it didn't roll in. But then my friend and sponsor gave me a kick in the ass and told me it's because I wasn't putting enough work into it. I couldn't have agreed more - I was researching so much about it, and learning everything there is to know about the product, compensation, etc... but not doing the practical stuff. Have to get onto those contacts, make the invite, help them build up as well, keep them motivated. What I love so much about it, is that it is team orientated - we are helping each other as it is in all of our best interests to do so. I've made friends through it, I love the Agel product and it's concept, and I am loving the financial reward.

For those who do not find success, I hope you can stay motivated one way or another. If you honestly feel that you are unable to involve a few people then it's probably not for you (and any NWM or anything in the sales industry isn't for u either). But I think everyone is capable, especially with some help, motivation and ambition. And someone mentioned earlier that you have to be dishonest to succeed, but that is absolute rubbish. I feel bad for people who are so negative, or have the wrong educator as a sponsor or don't know what is involved. They are missing out on a good thing. I have always been honest and truthful to anyone I approach, and I aim to help my downline get wealthy too. No-one likes to feel left out or on their own, and Agel really does encourage the team concept.

Best of luck to all, whatever avenue you persue.
  6. MeMyselfandI

MeMyselfandI New Member

I have to agree with Alan unless you have a Sponsor who is willing to mentor you and drop somone in under you once in a while it isn't going to happen. If you willing to invest 100 hours per week you can make this happen, but you need support from your upline dropping in someone hear and there and to be honest - in 6 months I didn't have my sponsor put one person under me...but was repeatedly told that they would. It is supposed to be about team, but unless you have someone in your upline you trust - there is no such thing as Team with Agel. I spent money going from event to event hearing the same thing over and over again...I wish you all the best of luck.
  7. Eliot

Eliot New Member

I'm sorry that your sponsor made you promises that were broken. But I cannot see how that reflects on the entire corporation. Agel does in fact encourage team work, at least the Phil Anderson syndicate I am involved in does. To have someone promise you they would help put people "under" you and not follow through is a poor reflection of your sponsor not the opportunity given. Even so, you are able to go out there, do some hard yards and get to people and get your network of people going. Make some invites, go meet new people etc. And then I hope that people you involve will be fortunate enough to have a motivating and helpful sponsor in you who helps THEM out, as you knew what it was like to feel alone yourself.
    And 100hours/week is a bit overstated [​IMG] be efficient with invites, bring people to group meetings rather than do 50 1on1s. You'll find you have plenty of time, as this can be achieved in a good 8hours per week. (on phone during lunch breaks, after work, spare time etc). initial input pays off! [​IMG]
  8. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

My god! What a bunch of hogwash! Does anyone have a brain in this forum including those who protest to be successful in Agel? The TRUTH is that the MLM grave is filled with failures. I don't care how many Think and Grow Rich books you read! Not everyone who works their ass off in MLM is going to succeed. You know why? Because it is impossible! If everyone joined, eventually there would be noone on the planet left to join, and don't feed me that rubbish that new people are born every year which would continue to supply new recruits, blah, blah, blah! MLM works on exponential growth. Trust me...you would run out of people. Also, some people don't have what it takes in their personality to be successful in MLM. Randy Gage is successful for several reasons. One, he is intelligent. He went to Wharton school of business which means he already had a rich daddy. He is good looking, he has business sense, he had many smart, rich contacts at his disposal. Do you honestly think you would join under a nerd who can barely speak or would you pick Randy as your sponsor? No brainer! You can go to all the training meetings you want and sit at the happy feet of Randy Gage with you pen and paper eagerly ready to write down every word he speaks. Then go home and read your book of the month and keep telling yourself you are a winner. However, if you don't have that jen e se qua, you aint gonna make it! It takes more than a good upline, going to endless meetings, reading books to "change the way you think," desire and hardwork. It takes the right personality, with the right salesmanship and bullshit meter to make it work. Truth be told Randy Gage could succeed in ANY network marketing company. I'm a physician and I have been introduced to Amway, Shaklee, Melaleuca, Mannatech, USANA, Freeway 100, prepaid legal, Quixtar and many others. I worked Quixtar hard for 5 years. I made no money! I went to nearly all their weekly meetings and their every 3 month meetings. I read all the books, talked the walk and walked the talk. I still purchase products from Quixtar. I currently purchase products from Agel. One of my best friends talked me into joining. I told him no 5 times and finally joined to get him off my back. I told him that I like the company and the products, but I was not in the mood to go to stupid meetings, read stupid books and try to talk to stupid people. I hate people who smile and are happy all the time. I hate going to hype meetings where they don't talk business. They only talk about how wonderful life is and how rich they are, and if you eat enough crabapples you too can be as cool as they are. Oh, and by the way, they say doctors suck b/c they have a job, and people who have jobs are losers. Then they all want to praise Jesus! I have tried to make money with real estate, stock investing, MLM and several business ventures. Everyone who tries to talk you into something leaves out one little fact. It is alot harder to succeed than they say it is! When I went to med school, I knew what I had to do to succeed. If you have half a brain and know how to take some tests, you can become a doctor. I worked hard b/c I knew I was guaranteed success if I worked and studied hard and did fairly well on my MCAT. I knew I was smart enough, but I just had to work hard to succeed. My point is that I know I am as smart as Randy Gage. He just had enough money to go to Wharton and I had to go to Idaho State University b/c my dad was a poor dairy farmer. Now, I make $260,000/year. But there is no way I will ever succeed in Agel like Randy Gage. Why? Because network marketing takes more than brains and hardwork. It takes something mysterious that noone can ever teach you. It is like being a painter. Someone may be able to teach you how to paint, but it doesn't mean you will be a Van Gogh. That takes a different type of talent and I just know I don't have that type of talent, and when I finish my 12-14 hour day as a doctor, I don't feel like coming home and telling my wonderful family that I am now going to go out to talk to some kids at a house meeting in the hopes that one day we will be financially independent. Why? Because there is no guarantee and if Randy Gage or any of your sponsors guarantee your success, they are liars! Agel picked Randy Gage not the other way around. He also wrote a book, I'm sure, with their blessing. Did they pick you and help you write a book? Nope. You know why? You don't have the right connections, money, brains, Wharton resume, etc, etc, etc. And anyone who tells you otherwise has been reading too many Think and Grow Rich books and is trying to sell you something!!!!!!!
  9. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Man, you are pissed at the world brother! Most people would love to have your income. Why in the world do you have a need to compare your highly prosperous life with Randy Gage? Do you need to have a rock-star income to feel successful in life?

Look man, the network marketing industry in a viable way for dileigent people to become financially free. Only a few get to be rock stars. Thats okay. The rock-star income is not what most folks are looking for.

BTW: Quixtar is not a company that many people succeed with... so I am not surprised your own experiences were bad. There are a lot of really fabulous nutritional products sold through MLM, but Quixtar is not even on the map with regard to innovation in product development.

Network Marketing is changing. I go to no meetings, make few outbound calls, work 4-6 hours per day... and I'm doing good. Its because I recognize that its a marketing business, not a business of recruiting the hapless.

90-95% of all business startups close their doors within the first five years. Every business model has pitfalls and cash-traps.

Business owners who educate themselves and who realize that being in business to be successful means FOCUSING ON MARKETING AND SALES - these people will be successful.

Tons of dumb people get involved in MLM and do little to educate themselves to earn professional-level compensation.

Here's the secret: Professional-level compensation in any business is a result of professional-level skill.

Unskilled people fail in MLM. They fail in J.O.B.s and in most startup business.

I have made my money in Direct Sales, not MLM. In general Network marketing is a viable business model for hard-working, skill-oriented people to succees in.

The notion that MLM or network marketing is a scam is incorrect. There are some companies that aren't a wise choice for some people, but the business model works for those with the drive to learn how the industry actually works.

How the industry actually works is another secret. My own success in the industry is a result of continuous training and personal devlopment work and also of comprehending the TRUE Nature of Network Marketing. The industry is not what it appears to be. Those who grasp what it really is can have massive success.
  10. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Don't get me wrong. I am happy with my income. I just wish I could make the same amount of money working 25 hours/week. Furthermore, I'm not angry with network marketing anymore than I am angry with losing 15,000-20,000 dollars in real estate. Is what I am angry with is the Carleton Sheets individuals of any business venture. Whether it be network marketing, real estate, stock market or what have you. I can't begin to tell you how much money I have spent learning the fact that there is no such thing as a free ride or a quick buck unless you are stealing something! But the Carleton Sheets, the Randy Gages, the Bill Britts, the Robert Kiosakis of this world would love you to buy their books on the "how tos of becoming rich"...and oh, by the way, "if I can do it, anyone can." They make money now educating not working. They couldn't begin to do in this economy what they did during their era. Robery Kiosaki could no more make money in this real estate market as I could. He made money in Arizona when no one knew their was money to be made. Just like the poor suckers who buy stock after hearing about the good deal on MSNBC. Sorry, those who made money on that stock or are just about to make money, bought it 10-20 years ago before it went public. And there rich venture capitalist buddy told them about it. Your not in the loop big guy. Make sure you stop and buy your latte on the way to work. Now, Kiosake tells others how to make money in real estate or whatever venture but it's AFTER THE FACT!! They make it seem like if you only follow a few simple steps and rules you too will have your name up in lights like Donald Trump. Let me tell you something. Donald Trump had a leg up in life. It's called a rich daddy! He kills me with his arrogance.

You make some excellent points about marketing and good business sense. I wish I had talked to you before wasting my time with Quixtar. You seem to have a level head, but yes, I am very, very skeptical and cynical b/c hard work doesn't always cut it. I get tired of the promagis who say Agel is great. Look!... so and so did this and talked to a few people and now look...they are making 30,000 dollars per month. Yea, right! In their dreams! The person who is making $30,000/month was already financially independent who now has all day to fly to every state and country, and the money to do so, and poor suckers who see him driving his lamborghini jump into his business b/c they think he made all that dough yesterday in Agel. When in reality, he made it 20 years ago doing something else.

I just really think that most network marketers are fluff and half truth tellers. I'm a "give it to me straight" kind of guy. They also think that if you duplicate the actions of your successful upline that you too will be successful. Not true! I could follow Warren Buffet around for 5 years and learn all of his techniques, but I still would not be able to do what he does b/c it takes more than just mindlessly following a rule of thumb or a technique. It takes something that only Warren Buffet can do.

Also, I would love to have "the rock star income." Instead of grossing $260,000 per year, I would love to gross $260 mil per year. But as I have gotten older (I am now 41) I have observed that what you know seems to mean less than who you know or who you were born as even in the good ol' America. For example, there is a real estate development just down the road from me that is being made for executive estates. The real estate developer inherited the business from his daddy. The people doing the construction are personal friends of the developer, and the area is restricted to only a couple of realtors. These realtors are (you guessed it) personal friends of the developer. I'm sure the land developer is also personal friends with the bank president. Doesn't matter if those realtors are the best in town. They get the job b/c they know the man with the money. Look at today's celebrities. Most of their parents were celebrities. Look at the fortune 500. Most of them came from money. America is turning into a land of dynasties. And then those same people have the nerve to say anyone can do what they do if they just work hard enough.
    Bull s---!!!
  11. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

You have hit the mark. The real stable money in NWM is in producing and selling training materials.

Those who have the ambition to learn how to build an organization, cultivate speaking and coaching skills, organize their thoughts, write books, and work the seminar circuit - these people can do very well as trainers and motivational speakers.

Writing a book is an excellent way to creating a passive income.

This is how the rich-and-famous of MLM get there. They rally the troops and are well-compensated for it. These people have the gift for motivating other people.

In this context TEACHING is in fact a very lucrative, highly-leveragd profession. Tony Robbins did a fair amount of network marketing in his younger years. He is so well-regarded there is an effort to draft him for the presidency in 2008. He grew up dirt poor and was not a popular kid.

Tony Robbins has succeeded through his own skill and gifts. That perhaps is what great leaders demonstrate most. I do not thing his primary goal in his carreer was to get extremely wealthy. I think it was to reach as many people as posssible with a positive, affirming message. He got rich doing it too.

There are many scions of wealthy families that live lives of self-indulgence and debauchery... and there are many who contribute to society in big, big ways.

Its a matter of choice.
  12. riskybisness

riskybisness New Member

I'm with nofreeride - mlm is a load of bull, you make a list of the members of Agel team members today and compare it in 1 year's time I bet there are very few if any of the original names on the list.
  13. promagi

promagi New Member

*sigh*.....*shakes head*

All I see are people who got frustrated because MLM didn't work for them and just desire to suck people into their own world of frustration and lack mentality.

What compells people to bash on and on and on and on about MLM if it isn't some deep routed psychological need or fear they have that someone else may experience the success they couldn't manifest?

I said it once and I'll say it again. I have been in this industry for 10 years and Agel is the best program I have ever worked and the fastest growing! I am not an MLM rock star but I have an average of one person per day popping into my organization. You know how I accomplished this?..... it's called WORK!

Here, let me spell it..... W-O-R-K... you can look it up in the dictionary. When you use this word....... guess what? Things happen!... your check gets bigger!

The problem is, people get involved, talk to one or two people, those people (who know absolutely nothing about the industry) shoot them down. They throw a hissy fit and then spend hours on blogs telling the world that MLM is a scam and that the only way you make money in training materials, and so much other garbage that it's laughable.

Do yourselves a favor and save your time. You are not going to put Agel or any other legit MLM companies out of business with your meaningless diatribes.

However, if there are intelligent people out there who really want to make it in Agel, drop me a line... I GUARANTEE I will make it happen for you.... yes, you heard that right, I GUARANTEE IT!

Happy Holidays!

Bob G.
    I AM AGEL
  14. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Its strikes me that You may have never made any money selling training materials, Bob.

Your esteemed upline Randy Gage rakes in his income by selling CDs, books, and seminars. Perhaps you should ask mr. Gage if he thinks there isn't solid income in training.

MLM is viable. It takes skill to do that. Skill development requires training. Training leads to correct actions which produce favorable results. Marketing training materials and selling coaching and consultation (ie. MLM rockstars like Randy Gage) are natural and highly profitable outgrowths of getting trained throug many programs.

Company provided training, provided its not a training company, which AGEL isn't, Is invariably slanted towards the sort of buzzwords the soon to be MLM roadkill like to hear, ie.

Duplicability

The only way to duplicate on the extremely high level is to get trained at a similar level to top performers. MLM training is geared towards "average" people. Personally, I am not an average person by any stretch... and I attribute that quality, and my own success, to my total commitment to...

Education.
  15. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Hey, promagi...get a clue, get a brain! No one is knocking MLM. Is what I said, (and I will S-P-E-L-L it out for you this time), was I am frustrated with people who say that everyone can do it just b/c they got lucky doing it. Again, it isn't about WORK! My god! If it was, nearly everyone would succeed. It is about timing, connection, right time, right place, right focus of efforts and a multitude of factors. Don't give me, a doctor, this work crap!! Try medical school and then tell me you understand work and sleepless hours. I know what work is. Don't bore me with your jargon and simpleton attitude!! Uuuugghh! Talk about frustrating! If work is the ONLY key to success. Why do some individuals not succeed in one MLM company and then flourish in another? Hmm! Knocking MLM to me is like hearing someone say that all medical schools suck b/c they didn't get into med school. If the analogy fits, wear it. But don't try to put words in my mouth and get condescending with me. I have argued with far better than yourself. Believe me!!
  16. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

P.S. Mr. Pro. If you have been in MLM for 10 years, what happened to your work efforts in the other MLM ventures? Also, you can't guarantee me success in anything if I have no desire to WORK agel! Like I told my friend who kept incessantly badgering me...I don't want to do it. However, I don't knock him for wanting to work agel. When someone tells you "no" to your opportunity, get a clue and realize that no means no! Don't go back to your meetings and degrade your best friends as idiots b/c they are not interested in your life changing new business. Ask Bill Gates if he is interested. If he says no, does it mean he is a loser b/c he rejected your proposal? Mr. Pro...you go knock yourself out. If you succeed long-term, I will be ecstatic for you. But if you fail again, I promise I won't say I told you so...but don't coming crying to me. Okay? Furthermore, if I choose another path other than MLM for financial profits, allow me (an adult) to make my own decisions rather than trying to be an MLM evangelist and save my job ridden soul! Peace out!!!
  17. promagi

promagi New Member

Nofreeride,

You have to be the most depressing and negative person I have ever seen post on these boards. It would be a huge understatement to say you have a chip on your shoulder.

You can insult me all you want and make more "double posts" when you "think" of something else clever to say. All it shows is your frustration and people see right through it. You are impressing no one except yourself.

You said:

it isn't about WORK! My god! If it was, nearly everyone would succeed.

That just goes to show how utterly clueless you really are. But hey, it's a free country and you have every right to be clueless.

Again, just save your time and go out and get a job. I'm sure working for $8.00 an hour will be very stimulating for you.

When I said I guarantee success in Agel, I wasn't talking about people with attitudes like yours. I wouldn't sponsor the likes of you if you were the last person on my prospect list. Negativity like yours is poison to an organization and I would never tolerate it.

There is an old saying.... You be right... I'll be rich... and in this case it couldn't be more accurate. [​IMG]

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  18. promagi

promagi New Member

Its strikes me that You may have never made any money selling training materials, Bob.

Your esteemed upline Randy Gage rakes in his income by selling CDs, books, and seminars. Perhaps you should ask mr. Gage if he thinks there isn't solid income in training.

MLM is viable. It takes skill to do that. Skill development requires training. Training leads to correct actions which produce favorable results. Marketing training materials and selling coaching and consultation (ie. MLM rockstars like Randy Gage) are natural and highly profitable outgrowths of getting trained throug many programs.

Company provided training, provided its not a training company, which AGEL isn't, Is invariably slanted towards the sort of buzzwords the soon to be MLM roadkill like to hear, ie.

Duplicability

The only way to duplicate on the extremely high level is to get trained at a similar level to top performers. MLM training is geared towards "average" people. Personally, I am not an average person by any stretch... and I attribute that quality, and my own success, to my total commitment to...

Education.

malibumentor,

Randy Gage did "VERY" well producing training materials. But did you know that he sold that company and is now soley a network marketing distributor?

Did you also know that he is currently making $111,000.00 per month RESIDUAL in Agel as a distributor after only one year?

Do you think he sold that much in training materials?

You seem like a smart guy. I think you know the answer to these questions. Yes he is an MLM Rock Star... but hey, everyone who is an ICON in the industry started out as a nobody. Randy had his share of failures in the industry but all those were learning experiences that brought him to where he is today.

There is something you need to remember. Selling a book or a tape is a "one shot deal". It's like any sales. The one thing you can never replace is the residual aspect of MLM.... Just ask Randy Gage [​IMG]

Just passing along some additional "Education".
  19. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

Quoting: promagiAgain, just save your time and go out and get a job. I'm sure working for $8.00 an hour will be very stimulating for you.
    I must throw out a bullshit flag!!!
    Obviously, you don't know how much doctors make. I don't need to go get a job b/c I already have one (as I'm sure you do), and I make $90/hour. I'll make a deal with you Mr. would love to get rich quick. In 5 years, let's get together and compare our annual income and total assets. If you have more, I'll say you are the ultimate network marketer of all time! In fact, I would be more than happy to give you a $1000 bucks for your successful efforts. However, if in 5 years, you are still "building the dream" for other gullible souls and making less than what I make in my JOB, you owe me a $1000 bucks. Put your money where your mouth is wise guy.
    Furthermore, it's not negativity you sense...it's honesty.

It dumb-founds me how you can possibly disagree with anything I have said. I read through my postings and all I continue to say is it takes more than work. Are you afraid of the truth promagi?

Once again I ask you the question you evaded...what happened to the last 10 years of MLM effort?
  20. nofreeride

nofreeride New Member

P.S.
    Hey, I thought of something else to say...the only thing residual I ever got from MLM was a bad taste in my mouth!!