Key to building a successful downline in any MLM

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by coreyjroman, Jul 24, 2005.

1. CThompson New Member

Quoting: agoodsaidin my mind is that you build your downline via relationships rather than hype and sizzle. There's nothing more loyal and long lasting as a downline built of people you really care about.

Hi Andrea, This is 100% absolutely true. I recognize a value focused woman in this post. Just wanted to give a positive affirmation.

Christina
  2. WhitePhoenix New Member

I think honesty, integrity and 'being there' for your downline is also so very important. Motivation is great, but if you don't 'show' instead of 'tell', so many people lost interest.

One should always be willing to answer the same old questions for new members of your downline and not grow impatient. Support and helping with problems, questions and frustrations will also build a sense of loyalty for your downline, as well as true appreciation.
  3. ralphgreene New Member

Another very important thing to remember when signing up with any company is to read the policies and procedures. There are many things in there that can come back to bite you in the future. For example, "on going performance", which means you will never be able to retire from your business.

Some of the things that are put into the P&P's many people do not believe will ever happen to them. Don't believe this though. Many companies will use the P&P's to terminate distributors that are making good money so the company can steal the check to pay for whatever financial problems they are having.

These things happen all the time so don't fool yourself.
  4. CThompson New Member

I have read policy and procedures in companys that permit the list to be sold to 3rd party and this is truly an opt in list for list builders.
    It is very tricky how it is written.

Wouldn't you just love knowing that your organization that you brought in is for sale?

Good Truth on the policy and procedures.

CT
  5. lavendersluv New Member

Great thread going here, I have a home-based business and agree with what is said here for the most part but have come to learn that you can't just depend on your upline totally. This is just my experience but I feel that you should be plugging into a system and not people. Its hard to totally duplicate with what someone in your upline is doing especially if you are not getting all they do 100% of the time. But if you have a system in place that everyone uses, now that can be duplicated.

One thing on the whether to lead with the opportunity or product/service it think it depends on how it was introduced to you. For example, I was introduced to the product for one of the companies I am partnered with so when I shared with others I also lead with the product. Now I know of people who lead with the opportunity because that is how they were introduced, so IMO I see one deciding how they lead on how the product or opportunity is brought to them.

Which is best, that depends on if you are just looking to build a customer base or a business IMO I would rather build a business. At the same time it also depends on what your prospect want and needs. just my 2 cents.

Michelle [IMG]
  6. billg123 New Member

I have just gotten involved in an MLM and have been searching online for forums of helpful information and building tips

This has been one of the best thread I have found in 2 days on MLMs in over 20 forums.

I will continue to keep checking this forum more useful information.
  7. Cygnus New Member

Building a successful Multi level marketing business depends a lot on the kind of effort you are willing to put into your work. The more you interact with people and convince them to your cause the more successful your business will be. another very important aspect which a lot of people neglect is keeping in touch with your downline and keeping them motivated
  8. LifeofEgypt New Member

Sometimes you can depend on your upline "too" much. You have to take the time to study your company and the business of MLM. Go to the forums and discussion boards to learn as much as you can about the business. Besides, you can learn more in a good forum than you can from an upline member who may be new to the business too.
  9. wealthymom36 New Member

Valuable information.

But what about my problem:

I have a downline of about 40 people. I am trying to keep in contact with them and motivate them by sending out emails. I get on the phone with my builders and I teach them to do the same. I invest in advertising and so forth...Still, this morning I looked into my back office and I saw a lot of them cancelling...

Question: should I just let them go or I should get on the phone to convince them to stay?

I mean, what can I do at this point?
  10. jubu New Member

Hy everyone,

I think the best MLM advertising are ezines.
    Ezines will grow your downline like crazzy and it's been prooved.

I wish you all the success in the world with MLM.
    Giurgia Stefan
  11. coreyjroman Silver Member

Quoting: wealthymom36But what about my problem:

I have a downline of about 40 people. I am trying to keep in contact with them and motivate them by sending out emails. I get on the phone with my builders and I teach them to do the same. I invest in advertising and so forth...Still, this morning I looked into my back office and I saw a lot of them cancelling...

If you have decided to make a career out of mlm you should not do the primary bulk of communications via email. You need to get in some one on one with your new downline reps and call them on the phone. Words on screens and in emails appear too manufactured or mass produced for new entrepreneurs to feel personal about. You have to get them excited.

Have a good one.
  12. whlinternet New Member

yes i agree with you 100% that it is very important to be involved,
    with a company that you believe in. I believe that it is also
    important to be involved with a company that has a complete
    automated system in place. Only 10% of the population really
    like to sell. So i believe from experience in this industry since
    1980 that automation is the key.

Respectfully william
  13. familyfirst New Member

Hello,

I've seen from experience that you should love what you do or else you won't make it. Simple as that. Also remember that if you need assistance from your upline make sure you duplicate that same assistance readiness to your downline. This is my first post and I am impressed with the amount of professionalism here.

Best Regards,

Jeannette
  14. driver New Member

The best way to have mlm success is by example,go out and do the things that you tell your down line to do, let your actions speak for them self,success breeds success, if you make it happen people will duplicate,
  15. MLMSuperstar New Member

Once several key factors are in the place, some of which have been highlighted already (unique and exclusive product with credibility, huge market, need or demand for product, company with a management team with a proven track record that is well financed (especially if it is just launching), compensation plan that can enable the average person to make money without having to jump through a lot of hoops and hurdles in terms of qualification requirements, tools to work, i.e., cd roms on the prodct and opportunity, etc..etc.etc., hopefully upline support, etc..) once these things are in place, you need a system-people like me aren't duplicatable, but a proven system can create duplication, and the faster and easier duplication occurs, the better off you are going to be, as that leads to momentum, and once you hit momentum, look out. Magical things happen...

The key is: You need a 24/7 online system, which you can use to promote to your warm market (people you know) in addition to people you don't know that you'll meet through buying leads, running ads, handing out flyers, etc. and the system needs to be supported by a call once or twice a week where the top upline success stories help close your prospects-of course if your online system has a powerline or successline type concept, that creates the sense of urgency/fear of loss needed to get people to take action...
  16. Bucky New Member

Bottom line is that you need to be a good mentor. I have a team of two great people that have really helped me develop and refine my skills.

The best thing about it is that we collaborate and produce innovative ideas that produce large downlines. Innovation is the key to success in any business.
  17. jjthomps New Member

Whenever you read any self-help, entrepreneurial, or success book, there always seems to be a common theme - to be a success, you must begin to act like a success, especially when you want to work from home. Before achieving that success, prior to my decision to be in business for myself, I needed a little "mental tuning". That mental tuning came from my home business coach, who showed me how our program works, and encouraged me to persevere even though I had doubts. She explained to me the basics, the fundamentals and once I began building the foundation for being successful, I realized not only that numerous opportunities existed, but all along they were right in front of me.

That is the power of an upline.

[Link removed - Admin] is a good upline, with good coaches and leaders.
  18. kyfernung New Member

Good Post. I enjoyed reading them!
  19. crsuccess New Member

Having a strong upline has made all the difference in the world to me
  20. TheMollet New Member

Hello i am neew to this forum. I am also still a little new at Network Marketing too. Thought i would get in touch with other MLM'ers. I like the stuff about motivating you downline and being a leader. I can't talk much about my ideas. Because i have not tested them yet. Hopefully i will be able to bring some good info to this forum.