West Direct TV

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by joeboxer337, Dec 2, 2008.

1. TabathaL

TabathaL New Member

Thanks SSaspriina. I hope that you get more help than I did. My problems began on Feb 17th and they kept telling me to call in everyday to see if they could fix the problems. Well after about 2 months of that I got tired of the run around. I would think it being their systems they would know how to correct the errors, but I guess not since mine was never fixed. I hope things get worked out and you do well in this job.
  2. sungal

sungal New Member

buck, i am behind you 100%. i could get catty and really go into details on my feelings about the PALS but, i digress. i want to ask you, if you could please let me know exactly whom to contact regarding discrepancy in pay/hours. i am starting to see an unacceptable pattern of my actual 'login/paid hours' versus 'scheduled hours'. i work over my hours, if anything, so it makes no sense. funny thing is, this is the first week in as long as i can remember where my ade & rio actually have NOT been a nightmare, so i would think that my login hours would be accurate. anyhow, not going to put up with nearly an hour loss of pay each day, period. please point me in the right direc! thank you!!
  3. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

sungal: i want to ask you, if you could please let me know exactly whom to contact regarding discrepancy in pay/hours. i am starting to see an unacceptable pattern of my actual 'login/paid hours' versus 'scheduled hours'. i work over my hours, if anything, so it makes no sense. funny thing is, this is the first week in as long as i can remember where my ade & rio actually have NOT been a nightmare, so i would think that my login hours would be accurate. anyhow, not going to put up with nearly an hour loss of pay each day, period. please point me in the right direc! thank you!!
    Okay here is what you have to do. Go to the support page and make sur that youy login so create your login if you have not done so already. Then you want to submit a question to Directv and the topic is payment dispute. Then here is a example of what to submit in the message.

Here is my pay dispute.

2/24 worked 8.5 hours and only paid for 4.9 hour
    2/26 worked 8.5 hours and only paid for 4.08 hours
    2/27 worked 8.5 hours and only paid for 4.91 hours
    2/28 worked 8.5 hours and only paid for 6.45 hours

I get the info from my home page on on the payment details for each day that I work. I work 8 hours each day so that comes out to 480 minutes. Then I look at what the paid me for the day for example if I only got paid 250 minutes which is only 4.1 hours if you divide 250 by 60. Then they owe me 3.9 hours of pay for that day. Always check you pay details the next day after you work. I was told that they have a problem in payroll and you should check this each day.

So If you submit this each day if you have any discrepencies they will add it to your pay the next day under the other column. The key is submitting the pay dispute asap if you want to make sure you get it on your next pay check. You must be logged into the support page for this to work. You should get a response back from payroll the next day. If this does not make sense then PM me and I can call you to explain better.

Buck
  4. Nithya1

Nithya1 New Member

Hi, Im new to the site. I would like to know where are some up to date forms were you all chat regarding West At Home?? I just finished my onboarding webinar today and Im to start the Ace training monday. Im really nervus and I feel like I didnt do so well on the webinar today! :/ But its crazy I did GREAT on the test! I failed my very last test made a 60, re done it and made a 90... Thank you all! I hope to start chatting with you all!
  5. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

Is everyone to busy working to post in here anymore? what happened to everyone?

buckwheat
  6. lakewoodgirl

lakewoodgirl New Member

I think alot of people have went to workplacelikehome.com
  7. tinascottnaidan

tinascottnaidan New Member

Hey Buckwheat, we are busy I can say that. I am sorry to hear all the negative things here. I have been doing this right after this skill started almost a year ago, I think the only one here longer than me is my friend JoeBoxer. Anyway, there are issues I agree, I agree that at times it takes a while to get a pal, I have had long waits as well. I also have had bad pals that give the wrong answer. I agree we should have been ON rio first, but nothing is perfect. This is a difficult skill and there is a lot to it, I will not lie. Some days are better than others, there are system issues although in the year I have done this I see a lot of improvement, Joe will remember what it was like to activate an account way back when, boy was that horrible. I think you need to remember that you are working at home, this is a convenience and luxury in my opinion. I have had my share of issues and if I had a bad pal experience I wait until end of shift and I call and let someone know. I also put it in the end of shift survey, they do read them and I have had the head honcho call me in the past. They need more people with a lot of experience, but need more pals. THey are trying to do both but the pals I started with are there but doing more behind the scenes things now and the new are really like we are. Be patient, save all your chat sessions in case they ever call on you about why you transferred or had a long call time you can reference it. Other than that, dont take it personal, relax and know you are getting paid to be home and it is a job there are other things more importatant and if you have an issue dont be afraid to go higher up the ladder, I have dont it numerous times when we had TL and then just supervisors, it makes a difference. Good luck and feel free to email off here if you need... [email protected] Joe if you are still around give me a call sometime.